Monday, August 6, 2012

Solo León

Today was my first day alone in Leon. I navigated the bus by myself. Picture the el in rush hour, packed with uncomfortably hot strangers way too close to one other. Add a door that sweeps inward instead of out and tries to eat you if you're not quick.

But my efforts were rewarded with some very cool sights.

The sky was scattered with cumulous clouds in stark relief to a ripe blueberry palette.


A spontaneous break dance 90's b boy style erupted in the square (la plaza fundadores)

A troubador swagged out in pink stripes and black pants sang of amores perdidas. 


Ramona, the four week old puppy, enjoyed a ride on my hermano de hospedaje, Luis, and his escoba. 




I am especially proud of capturing this moment. I want to title it 'cuando encontraron dos forasteros' 
or 'when two strangers meet' 


What a day. My camera, and it's quickly spitting shutter, and I need rest. Tomorrow my summer 'ends'. 


2 comments:

  1. Me gusto Ramona.....

    Your post: amazing.
    Your images: worth the camera for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how descriptive your words are. It makes me taste and feel Leon. Study hard and immerse yourself in the cultiure
    Love Auntie Barb

    ReplyDelete